Monday, October 28, 2013

The Active Prepared Life: Limitations



Though are often physical limitations that affect us all (for example:  humans can't fly) there are no limitations on what we can accomplish (example: we made planes so that we could fly).  The only limitations that apply to us are the ones that we create for ourselves.  Often times we think of something great then never go after it because we feel as though we are not talented enough, we don't have enough experience, or aren't smart enough.  In our minds we're not good enough to accomplish what we wish for.  Now is the time to stop that.  If we think of it then we can accomplish it.  It doesn't matter what everyone else is saying.

My mom always told me, 'Let them talk, but if they had an ounce of the guts you have they'd be trying too.'  When many of us were children we did things without even thinking about the consequences.  Yes, this is dangerous when not controlled, but why can't we apply this gusto to our adult lives.  We know what's safe and unsafe.  We rationalize the hell out of our doubts.  We make our imaginary inadequacies actualities because we believe in them more than we believe in ourselves and what we can accomplish.

This is what I've been dealing with recently.  I am probably the most prominent doctor of my own limitations.  I seek a better paying job and all I think when I'm filling out applications is 'No you don't have enough experience' or 'You're not qualified for that' but it stops now.  No more limiting myself by what I believe I can accomplish.  I've accomplished a good bit so far in life but that fear of failure stops me every time I seek something better.  No more fear, any failure that I encounter will be lesson, a stepping stone of sorts because I'm not perfect and there will be shortcomings.

Goals for this week

Life:  
1. Stay positive and focused.
2. Go after what you want and don't let anyone (especially yourself) tell you that you can't do it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment