Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Weekend Haul

So this weekend I went in search of maternity clothing because last week there was a constant struggle to fit into my regular clothes for work.  Honestly I was hoping that I wouldn't start getting bigger until the weather got warmer because then I could wear dresses.  Well, it looks like that will not be happening and the time for maternity clothes is now.

I decided  to try Old Navy since I had about 3 of those Super Cash tickets that are redeemable between January 21 - 29, 2014.  I wasn't really successful in finding maternity pants but I did come out with some very cute things and I also got some very useful advice from another expectant mother.  Check out what I bought.








I actually picked this up from Goodwill. A $5 steal. 























I also managed to pick up a few camisoles because you can never have too many of those.  As you can see most of what I bought are tops and shoes but I really needed these.

Advice:  While shopping I met another expectant mother who looked like she stepped out of a magazine with her perfect well-behaved kids.  By this point in the trip I was starting to get a little upset because there was little left in the maternity section and everything that I tried on was frumpy.  While hanging my failed attempts at being fashionable on the rack this woman gave me some very good advice. First she told me to go get a belly band that way I could continue to wear my pants for a little while before having to buy maternity pants.  Then she told me to just buy a shirt size up (so buy medium or large sized shirts).  She said that the maternity section in many stores will only depress me because all the good items are either ridiculously priced, especially for something that you're only wearing for a couple of months, or they're frumpy.  So with her advice I was able to get back out there and find the pieces that I did happen to find.  I'm so grateful for her advice. 

Well that's it for my haul.  Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment